Saturday, July 25, 2009

Reprise

So here I am. Again. Everyone gets a do-over, right?

I could have kept going with ze old blog, but, well, I just didn't wanna. I wanted to have that sparkly spanking new start, where it's all fresh and exciting. Some of the stuff I'll be blogging about is shiny new material concerning previously untouched upon topics. And yes, some of it will be a return to stuff I've talked about before.

Writing will still be the through-line here; making words, that's what it comes down to. But I'll also range a little further afield, I suspect. There's the joys (ahem) of step-parenting, of taking up a new form of exercise (swimming laps), of learning to play a musical instrument (the cello) with almost no background in music. That music has been on my mind as well as new beginnings is evident from the title of this blog.

And you know, it's amazing how all these apparently random elements connect to each other. Learning to play cello has had an impact on my writing - can you imagine?

Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog and hell why not have a do-over.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thinking exactly! Thanks for stopping by Eleni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...but it looks the same as the last one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I like the look, sticking with that - mostly :-)

    ReplyDelete